So you’ve graduated and you are a certified instructor – now what?
O2 Teacher Training offers mentorships with experienced and knowledgeable yoga and/or fitness teacher trainers to provide support, community, and opportunity for new teachers. This program’s goal is to fill the gap between graduating and teaching, creating a smooth transition into this new role of teacher. It is structured to cater to the individual needs of each new teacher in order to refine skills and knowledge. You will work one-on-one with your mentor to create unique goals that are essential to growing your personal teaching ability and style. You will teach side-by-side with your mentor and be given the opportunity to assist and teach Oxygen classes.
- Improve and refine your teaching skills
- Develop your teaching mission statement, what’s your Dharma?
- Discuss challenges and experiences with navigating this new career in a supportive way
- Lots of practice teaching with your Mentor
- Develop your style as a yoga and/or fitness teacher
- Receive detailed and constructive feedback on your teaching
Weekly Mentorship program: ($200 per month) – 3 hours per week – minimum 1 month
- Meet for 1 hour weekly to discuss goals, progress, review and refine knowledge ie: formatting, sequencing, anatomy etc.
- Attend and assist 2 classes per week with your mentor. Practice hands on assists, teach pranayama techniques, and lead opening meditation or closing savasana.
- Complete weekly homework.
Bi-Weekly Mentorship Program: ($100 per month) – 3 hours bi-weekly – minimum 2 months
- Meet for 1 hour every other week with your mentor to discuss goals, progress, review and refine knowledge ie: formatting, sequencing, anatomy etc.
- Attend and assist 2 classes bi-weekly with your mentor. Practice hands on assists, teach pranayama techniques, and lead opening meditation or closing savasana.
- Complete bi-weekly homework.
O2 Yoga Teacher Training offers scholarship opportunities for the mentorship program. These are available for graduates committed to continuing their education but experiencing financial difficulties.
If accepted, then the scholarship covers 50% of the monthly cost for up-to 3 months.
Send us a short essay including the vision and message you would like to portray as a yoga teacher, what skills you would like to develop and how you believe this program could help you. Your application will be reviewed and responded to promptly.