Winter 2020 Virtual Online Yoga Teacher Training Program
Oxygen Yoga & Fitness Teacher Training is excited to announce our new VIRTUAL Teacher Training program. This 200 hr. program is delivered entirely online. Students enjoy the flexibility of taking the course from anywhere, while respecting important health & safety cautions during the global pandemic.
Our 200hr. Yoga Teacher Training is approved Through Yoga Alliance. Yoga Alliance’s temporary provision allowing training to be facilitated online has been extended to December 31, 2020.
HOW ONLINE YOGA TEACHER TRAINING WORKS
Access our program anytime, from anywhere in the world. This training is an alternative to Yoga Teacher Trainings done in a studio and will include the same material as the in-person training. Most of the training will be done LIVE on Zoom to maintain the integrity of the training and ensure Live access to the teachers to answer questions and increase your learning.
- We will also do break-out sessions within the group so that you can practice teach your fellow students online and practice your new skills in real time.
- You will have access to Virtual classes online to maintain your physical practice.
- The Zoom meetings will be recorded if you are not able to watch them in real time.
- Mentorship appointments can be made for one-on-one time to ask questions and gain more clarity of topics covered.
Graduation before December 31st is required to register with Yoga Alliance.
To successfully complete the program you must:
- Complete a written exam
- Teach 2 1-hour. classes online
Once you have completed your training you will receive your certificate and be eligible to teach yoga anywhere at the 200 Hour level…including at Oxygen Yoga & Fitness!
In this O2 Yoga Teacher Training, you will learn:
- Proper alignment, benefits & potential risks of the foundational yoga postures
- Sanskrit names of the postures
- Anatomy and how it applies to each posture
- How to instruct a class into and out of a postures
- Hands on adjustments
- How to sequence a yoga class so that it is safe and effective
- How to observe bodies in postures
- Confidence from practice teaching online to your fellow students
- The art of leading a class
- The history and philosophy of Yoga
- Pranayama, Chakras, Ayurveda and meditation
- Mudras & Bhandhas
- The business of Yoga
- Oxygen Yoga and Fitness class formatting
- Tools to teach effectively and safely
You will learn more about yourself and how Yoga can help you in all areas of your life!
This foundational yoga training is designed to give you a transformational experience on a personal level, which will help you to become an effective and sought after instructor. You will gain a deeper understanding of all things yoga. If you want to go deeper into your practice, learn more about yourself and yoga, and learn the details of a safe and effective practice… then this program is for you!
Upon graduation, you will be able to audition for Oxygen Yoga & Fitness with the possibility of gaining employment straight out of training with any of their 17 Vancouver studios, and growing! We have locations in every community in the Lower Mainland. This is a very rare opportunity for new teachers straight out of training and we are happy to offer you continued support after graduation.
O2 Yoga Teacher Training is recognized by the international Yoga Alliance which means you will be certified to teach yoga anywhere in the world. But, we would love to keep you in our Oxygen Family and offer you instructional opportunities, right after graduation!
Graduates will be able to register with Yoga Alliance at the RYT-200 Level.
Register Now, Spaces Are Limited!
our teacher training programs fill up quickly. Complete your application to get the registration process started.
Christina is one of the best, if not the best, instructor I have ever had the pleasure of learning from – whether inside or outside of the yoga studio! Christina’s passion to share her love of yoga/pilates shines through in every gentle instruction, graceful movement, and powerful pose she presents to the students. Yoga is now an integral part of my lifestyle largely due to the strong foundation developed in every practice that I have learned and will continue to learn from Christina. I look forward to seeing her smiling face and positive outlook before, during, and after each class. Thank you Christina for bringing the best out of me!
In September 2014, I made a life changing decision to join Christina Raskin’s YTT at Oxygen. I had NO IDEA the journey I would embark on with my peers & teacher would turn out to be such a fulfilling & beautiful experience. Christina IS THE BEST. She has a lot of experience under her belt as an instructor, is extremely knowledgeable, and has the warmest smile & she’s awesome. Who wouldn’t want an awesome teacher? The YTT was a great mix of asana practice, meditation, philosophy, anatomy, pranayama & discussions. Christina has inspired me in countless positive ways while the YTT taught me the skills I needed to continue my personal practice throughout my life. This program isn’t just for those interested in teaching or yoga, it’s for anyone who wants to accomplish something very fulfilling & healthy. Thank you for believing in all of us when we doubted ourselves, Christina. Thank you for teaching me to be compassionate towards myself. If you ever teach the 500 hour program, sign me up now!
* Testimonial Disclaimer: The fitness testimonials presented apply only to the individuals depicted, cannot be guaranteed, and should not be considered typical. Every testimonial on this site are real, however it must be disclaimed that your individual results may vary.
*Results Disclaimer: Please note we do not guarantee any results in any of our fitness programs and or classes. Results may vary from individual to individual based on lifestyle, fitness level, nutrition and general health of the individual. Health tips and programs contained on this website/ blog does not guarantee that you will achieve desired results or that you will look like images that might be posted on this website/ blog.
Certified & Registered
Our school and faculty are certified and registered with Yoga Alliance and the BC Private Career Training Institutions Agency (PCTIA).